Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

Many Questions, Few Answers

My face when I saw the starting line up for yesterday's match:


Just look at it

 Bogdan
Mears, Mills, Knight, Ricketts, 
Chung-Yong, Andrews, M Davies, Petrov, 
Eagles, 
Ngog

With the exception of Knight, this is pretty much the team I've been expecting to see for a while and indeed what I expect will be pretty much our starting 11 for the new season.  On paper this team looks the bee's knees, we should be bossing the league with players like this....or so I thought.

Imagine my surprise then, when I open up the live updates at around half time to see us two nil down and N'Gog has been subbed.

I think this is going to sum up my feelings for the coming season.

I know we shouldn't pay to much attention to preseason results, some of our best seasons have come off the back of a awful preseason.  What bothers me is that we still seem to be leaking goals and converting what few chances we make.

How was it that a club with only seven players in its squad, who's morale must have seen better days, was able to control, score three and be the better team for huge periods of the match?

"When you come onto the pitch wearing a Bolton Wanderers shirt you have to be ready. We didn't do ourselves justice."  Owen Coyle

Sound familiar?  It's not the first time the players have failed to step up (Stoke at Wembley).  It was a frequent occurrence last season, one that I hoped we had put behind us.  One that we need to put behind us to have any hope of promotion.

I thought the idea of preseason was to iron out any niggles within the team...but this preseason is just leaving us with more and more questions.  And we're running out of time to find the answers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment