Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

New Kit, New League, New Blog

Welcome to the Wandering Blogger, a blog following the trials and tribulations of Bolton Wanderers Football Club. I'll provide you with my thoughts on matches, players and general BWFC news.

I had hoped to start this blog a few weeks back when news of our new kit was first announced, however, due to lack of time and general laziness on my part, the blog is now a week or two behind. So lets just have a quick review of preseason so far.

With the Adidas takeover of Reebok, it was inevitable  that our kit manufacturer would eventually change from the later to the former. Here's a look at the new kit with OC and new signing Matt Mills.



Initially my first thoughts, from the promotional photos: meh. In the photo above, it looks a lot better than I first thought, and I assume even better in person, though I have yet to make the trip down to Bolton Central. I'm certainly not impressed with the price tag.  £45 for an adult shirt?! I cannot remember paying that much for my 2011-12 away shirt, and I even had my name on the back.  It always amazes that essentially we are paying to be walking billboards for whatever company sponsors your favourite club.  That's not to say I'm against buying football shirts, I own several, but shouldn't we get some kind of commission for the amount of advertising we do on our clubs behalf?

The new season approaches and with the fixtures being released last week we learned our first game is Burnley away (karma?). I'm actually quite looking forward to it, it'll be a proper local derby game, with both teams out to prove a point.  Hopefully Bolton can win the game in the same fashion as last season (QPR away) and set the tone for the rest of the season.

So how do we think this season will go? Well I'm expecting big things.  What with a younger squad and the return of Holden and CY Lee I think we have a good chance of a playoff finish.  I don't want to be too optimistic and say we'll be champions, the Championship shouldn't be overestimated (as everyone will no doubt keep reminding you) there's a lot of games and tough opposition, but at least there should be less of the 4 or 5 goal away defeats every other week.
One major downside to a season in the Championship is less TV coverage.  I can't say I'm looking forward to the 90 seconds of highlights on the BBC at around midnight after MOTD.

Ok, well one blog over and done with, please fell free to leave your views and feedback.  In the near future I hope to talk about our squad and pick my ideal team for the season.  Who do you think will be our top goal scorer, our MVP?

No comments:

Post a Comment