Pages

Friday 13 July 2012

dREAMs and KNIGHTmares

Last time I went over the midfield, today its the turn of the defence.
Zat Knight has signed a new two year deal. With the addition of Mills, that means we know have four centre backs (Wheater, Ream, Mills and Knight). Once Wheater is fit again expect to see good competition for starting places. However if Knight doesn't find his form (did he ever have it?) I imagine he'll be a regular on the bench, if I were him, I'd be asking myself why I bothered extending my contract.
With Steinsson now gone, its time for Mears to set up to being our first team right back. This just makes me wonder what role Ricketts will play. Will he be our number one left back again, ahead of Alonso (do we have another left back)? I quite rate Ricketts, however, I do think he struggles on the left, he lacks pace and can struggle to get back. It doesn't surprise me that most of the goals we conceded last year came in from the wings. One highlight from last year was definitely Ricketts right foot curler into the top corner against Wolves at home, more of the same please



Our potential back four:

Mears/Riley----Ream----Mills/Wheater----Ricketts/Alonso

No comments:

Post a Comment