Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Return of the Ngog

Hello all, it's been a while.  Indeed it's been a while since we've seen any meaningful football (internationals don't count, do they?).

Return of the N'Gog
N'Gog is on form to return to the first team after a run of good appearances (and a few goals) in the reserve team development squad and I have seen a few tweets suggesting he starts against Watford.
I've already posted my preferred starting line up, albeit a few weeks ago before the break and before N'Gog reached full match fitness.  I would still prefer Sordell to start and since we can't afford to give away space in midfield, we should play the lone striker and five in midfield.  How would N'Gog fair as a lone striker?  It's not a role I've seen him play, indeed, I'm struggling to recall any memorable N'Gog performances (something I'm hoping will change soon).

If OC is crazy enough to play 442 (and it's a quite possible that he will) then who would partner with N'Gog?  SKD or Sordell?  Who would play in centre midfield?  Would an on form Eagles still start ahead of Petrov on the left?  For me the 442 formation just raises too many questions.

If OC is to play 442, then I think it should look a little like this:

Bogdan

Riley  Knight  Mills  Ricketts/Alonso

CYL  Spearing  Andrews  Eagles/Petrov

Sordell  N'Gog

Spearing and Andrews ahead of Mavies
Mavies just isn't on form and constantly goes missing for large portions of the game.  Sure he has flashes of brilliance (remember that goal against Liverpool?).  So lets make Mavies an impact player, a super sub.  Someone who can come on for the last 30-20 minutes, maybe remove a striker and give our midfield a boost for the last part of the game.  Bring brought on when the opposition are tiring, Mavies should be able to run rings around them, providing the killing blow, and setting up the goal that allows us to win the game comfortably.

Until Mavies is able to perform consistently for 90 minutes, I think this is the way to get the best from him.  Do you agree? Is there another solution or maybe something I'm missing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment